Saturday 26 February 2011

As Lent Approaches

This is the first of a number of posts featuring vestments recently made for the Season of Lent.  The chasuble shewn on the left is a basic version of the Borromeon form (shape, dimensions and ornament).  This chasuble, fully lined, is made from Roman purple dupion silk, ornamented in silver and black.  It is extremely lightweight.

A priest from a New Jersey diocese, for whom these vestments were made, very kindly wrote this:

I had viewed the Saint Bede Studio website on several occasions and had been interested in their vestments. Then, I spoke to one of our newly-ordained priests from Rome who was able to show me two of the vestments from Saint Bede which assured me of the quality of the product and the experience. Whatever hesitation I might have had about ordering vestments long distance was assuaged, not only by the high quality of my new Lenten vestments, but also by the good experience of engaging in their design, size, and material. I found dealing with Michael Sternbeck and Saint Bede Studio by e-mail a pleasant and educational experience, and I have been happy to share my new vestments with other priests here in my diocese and in the seminary which I teach.

Click on the image for an enlarged view.

Enquiries: stbede62@gmail.com